Find Your Ring Size
Before you start shopping for rings, make sure you know what size you need so that you can achieve a perfect fit. Your ring size can be determined by:
- placing a ring that fits you on a professional ring sizing mandrel
- placing your finger in a professional ring sizing tool
- finding an approximate fit with a ring size chart for your finger
- finding an approximate fit with a ring size chart for rings
Remember to measure your finger at room temperature as well as both the heat and cold can cause your fingers to swell or constrict. We have given useful information below including a free ring sizer and ring size chart that you can print and cut to use and determine your correct ring size.
Printable Ring Sizing Chart
In order to print the ring sizer above, be sure that your printer is set to 100%. Make sure that you have not reduced the print size in your printer ‘page setup’ area. You can verify that the sizer printed correctly by measuring it with a ruler; it should measure from A to B: 3 1/2 inches long.
Once you have printed the sizer, follow these directions to find your ring size:
- Cut out the ring sizer
- Cut a slit for Slot “A”
- With the numbers facing out, wrap the sizer around the finger where the ring will be worn.
- Pull the pointed end Tab “B” through Slot “A” until the sizer is snug, making sure to allow size for the knuckle.
- The number aligned with Slot “B” is your ring size.
- If the measure lands between two numbers your size is a half size Ex: Between 5 and 6 ring size: 5.5. If half sizes are not available, order the next largest size.
NOTES: Be certain to allow for the size of your knuckles, do not simply wrap the sizer around the ring place, attempt to pull it on and off.
Ring/Finger Measurement with a paper strip
Cut a piece of paper or string wrap it around the finger you would like sized, mark where it is most comfortable and then lie it flat on the ring sizing chart or simply measure it with a ruler. This will also give you a nice approximate size for your ring using the chart below.
Size Chart – Ring Size to Inches/mm
|US & Canada||
|1 1/2||40.2 / 1.580|
|2||41.5 / 1.634|
|2 1/2||42.7 / 1.684|
|3||44.0 / 1.739|
|3 1/2||45.2 / 1.788|
|4||46.5 / 1.836|
|4 1/2||47.8 / 1.888|
|5||49.0 / 1.941|
|5 1/2||50.2 / 1.992|
|6||51.5 / 2.042|
|6 1/2||52.8 / 2.092|
|7||54.0 / 2.146|
|7 1/2||55.3 / 2.196|
|8||56.6 / 2.249|
|8 1/2||57.8 / 2.300|
|9||59.1 / 2.350|
|9 1/2||60.3 / 2.400|
|10||61.6 / 2.463|
|10 1/2||62.8 / 2.504|
|11||64.1 / 2.567|
|11 1/2||66.0 / 2.608|
|12||67.3 / 2.658|
Ring Measurement Chart
Print out the chart below. Make certain that you print at 100% for proper sizing. Then place a current ring that you know fits on the chart to help you determine your size.
All of these charts work the same with sizing a woman or a man.
The very best way to have your ring size determined is by a jeweler with a plastic or metal ring sizer that you try on. Shimmerlings does carry this type of sizer and if you see JeaneMargherite at a show, she would be happy to help size your proper size!