Shimmerlings is not only hoping to open our visitors to remarkable jewelry and gifts, but also to bring comprehensive information about gemstones as well. On this page you will find icons of each of the stones and minerals that we carry information on. Simply click on an image to be taken directly to the page dedicated to that stone with very detailed information. Our pages and information are certainly not ‘cookie cutter’ versions of what are considered Properties and Associations for the gemstones, as well it is not meant to be absolute. At the foot of each page is a list of references that will allow further exploration if that is desired.
In the further pursuit of gemstone knowledge and information, we have created other very helpful sections of our site; at the bottom of this page is a list of the energy types and elements that stones carry in general; we have a section on Healing Gemstones, Gemstones By Color, Gemstones and the Chakras, Kundalini Gemstones and much much more…please feel free to peruse.
With Gemstones the power and energy comes from many associations, type of power and the elements are two of the key components; these are associations listed on each of our gemstone pages as well as others.
Gemstone Powers & Elements
There are two basic energies Projective or Receptive that stones possess:
- Projective Stones tend to be strong, forceful and outgoing. They are often used in the healing of others, for protection, intellectual powers, courage, will power and self-confidence. Projective Stones are also used to draw luck & success in all endeavors.
- Receptive Stones tend to be calm, peaceful and intimate. They are often used to drawn energies towards themselves to aid in healing oneself, offering love, soothing, compassion, eloquence and friendship. Receptive stones bring wisdom, dreams, spirituality, psychism and mysticism. They are also associated with prosperity, fertility and growth.
ELEMENT: Air (Wind)
- Air Season Spring
- Symbols Wand
- Direction East
- Colors Light Blue, Yellow, White
- Related Thought, Wisdom, Psychic Awarness, Knowledge, Freedom, Memory
- Chakras 5th, Throat Chakra and 6th,Third Eye Chakra
- Magical Uses Past Life Recall, Memory Spells, Scrying
- Stones Citrine, Diamond, Agate, Tiger Eye, Topaz, Turquoise, White/Clear Fluorite, Zircon
- Season Winter
- Symbols Pentacle or Stone
- Direction North
- Colors Browns, Blacks, and Greens
- Related Stability, Strength, Comfort, Grounding, Harvest, Animals
- Chakra 1st Root/Base Chakra
- Magical Uses Money, Success in Business, Fertility, Peace, Grounding & Centering , Growing Plants
- Stones - Agate, Celestite, Emerald, Green Jade, Green Tourmaline, Hematite, Jasper, Jet, Malachite, Onyx, Obsidian, Peridot, Quartz
- Season Summer
- Symbols Candle or Sword
- Direction South
- Colors Red, Orange, Yellow-Orange
- Related Passion, Courage, Lust, Creativity, Fertility, Virility, Force, Enthusiasm
- Chakra 1st, Root/Base Chakra and 2nd, Sacral Chakra
- Magical Uses Banishing, New Beginnings, Obtain Desires, Rebirth
- Stones Amber, Carnelian, Citrine, Fire Agate, Fire Agate, Garnet, Red Jasper, Red Tourmaline, Ruby, Sard, Sardonyx, Sunstone
- Season Autumn
- Symbols Bowl/Cup/Vessel
- Direction West
- Colors Blue, Light Gray, Sea Green, Silver
- Related Emotions, Intuition, Divination, Healing, Dreams, All Water
- Chakras 5th, Throat Chakra, 4th, Heart Chakra
- Magical Uses Love, Psychic Awareness, Divination, Scrying, Healing, Dreamwork, Peace, Friendship
- Some Water Stones - Amethyst, Aquamarine, Azurite, Moonstone, Celestite, Chalcedony, Chrysocolla, Blue Tourmaline, Lapis Lazuli, Pearl, Sapphire, Sodalite, Abalone, Mother of Pearl
Storm is composed of the energy created by the other four elements when they combine in a balanced fashion. The elements are the forces of nature that express the energies existing on Earth. These are Earth, Fire, Air (Wind), Water and Storm. Storm energy activates any chakra and cleanses and balances the mind, body and spirit as a whole. It is associated with spiritual transformation and vision. Earth’s energy is released through it’s minerals and stones. Gemstones vibrate to a wide range of energies existing in the elemental forces of nature. Use of storm stones are to bring about radical change, and to experience a deep spiritual cleansing and rebirth.
Note: Not all recognize Storm as an Element, and some link Storm with Spirit/Akasha