6th Chakra - Brow - Third Eye -Anja
Light, Archetypal Identity, Oriented to Self-Reflection, Clairvoyance, Balance
The Brow Chakra is associated with the parts of the consciousness concerned with the spiritual view, and the home of the Spirit, the Being within. This level of consciousness is associated with what western traditions call the unconscious or subconscious, the part of our consciousness that directs our actions and our life. From this level we are aware of the motivations behind our actions. We can watch our outer theater from an inner point of view.
This chakra is associated with the carotid plexus, and the nerves on each side of the face, and the pituitary gland. Headaches in the temples or center of the forehead are associated with tensions at this level. This chakra controls the entire endocrine system as a system, and the process of growth.
The Brow chakra, also known as the Third Eye, is associated with extra sensory perception (ESP), the set of all inner senses that correspond to the outer senses, which together comprise spirit-to-spirit communication. The element associated with this chakra is a vibration known as the Inner Sound, the sound that one hears in their ears that does not depend upon something in the physical world. Some consider it a pathological condition. In some of the eastern traditions the ability to hear this is considered a necessary prerequisite to further spiritual growth.
Responses: One’s Spirit, Clairvoyance, Meaning of Life, Inspiration, Imagination
Governs: Pineal Gland
Scents: Hyacinth, Musk
Petals: A Indigo/Navy Flower said to have sixteen petals.
If you were traumatized between the ages of 21-26, 51-56 or 81-86, you may have an unbalanced Sixth Chakra.
This is the Chakra of extra-sensory perception and it is said that many of us will never fully develop this Chakra and even fewer will be able to develop the 7th Chakra.
The Sixth Chakra is about making dreams into reality. It’s about visualizing what we want and making it happen. It’s about our ability to “see“, even to the extent we’re given the “sight” or psychic abilities. It’s about commanding others and using our power and resources with wisdom and intelligence. Its also about healing others–having thoughts so strong, you can send positive energy to another and bring about emotional and spiritual healing.
What signals an imbalance of this Chakra? Well, if you must you be the smartest person in the room, for one? Do you appear to be compassionate–until someone disagrees with you? Then you turn on them with a combination of scorn and put-downs? Are people afraid of you? Do you like it that people kow-tow to you? Do you have an excessive need to control intellectual conversations? Do you take yourself too seriously?
Physical symptoms of an imbalanced Sixth Chakra include problems with the Thyroid gland, ears (hearing included), eyes, sinuses, brow, teeth.
Indicators of Sixth Chakra Imbalances:
- Intellectual arrogance. Being surrounded by either “yes-men” or persons who fear you.
- Inability to truly consider anyone’s ideas but your own.
- Over-emphasis on material goods and wealth.
- Creating great ideas, but can’t seem to follow through.
- Making promises you can’t keep.
- Friends and family exasperated because you never follow through.
- Feeling as if you’ve never had an original idea.
- Blaming others for anything that does not work out to your benefit. In so far as back stabbing friends, and blaming without their knowing.
- Living too extremes. Only in black and white. Do you force your religious views on those around you, convinced you’re the only one who is right? Or conversely, are you a complete atheist, without any spirituality in your life at all?
- Putting others down. Pointing out their flaws and snickering or gossiping maliciously.
- Disconnection from reality or becoming lost in a dream or imaginary world often from substance abuse which is used to artificially obtain the bliss associated with this Chakra.
- Nightmares, guilt, and sometimes hypersensitivity to psychic stimuli.
Chakra Therapy would include laying the proper gemstone upon the Sixth Chakra for 5-25 minutes. You may find surrounding yourself with the Scents of the Sixth Chakra helpful. Visualize a Navy Blue Vortex of light in the shape of a flower emanating slightly upward from your Brow. Imagine the wisdom of the world entering the Blue Light–knowledge beyond what can be known, opening to the “Akashic” record or the record of all that is, will be or ever was. Feel a deep respect for all men, young, old, wise and unenlightened alike.
- Lapis Lazuli: Purifies the heart to make just decisions. Meditation support.
- Amethyst: Connects physical to spiritual and is useful in connections between the 6th & 7th Chakras.
- Sodalite: Encourages truthfulness in emotion, self-esteem and trust.
- Sugilite: Powerful, but expensive, helps us realize we are all one. Improves wisdom, protects the sensitive.
- Purple Fluorite: Clear negative thoughts that hold us back. Repels evil and brings about higher states.
- Dumortierite: Help recall Past Lives, including knowledge and wisdom acquired during previous lives.
- Charoite: Increasing awareness and insight.
- Tanzanite: Bridge to the pureness of true spirituality
- Dark Kyanite: Said to align all Chakras and never need cleansing.
- Blue Aventurine: Opens Third Eye Chakra.
“I am in the brotherhood of man, neither better nor worse than any man I meet.”
“I respect everyone, including myself.”
“I forgive as I am forgiven.”
“I’m O.K. You’re O.K.”