[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_accordion][vc_accordion_tab title=”General”][vc_column_text]ˈzər-ˌkän
Stone of Virtue
Zircon was available in Greece and Italy as far back as the sixth century c.e. However, the earlier Hindu writing list zircon as one of the many gemstone on the Kalpa Tree of their religion; green zircon was this mystical tree’s foliage, or so the story is told.
In antiquity, the zircon was often called Hyacinth or Jacinth, the legend tells of a mythological character named Hyacinthus, a youth accidentally slain my Apollo who was jealous of the young man’s beauty. This blood produced thy hyacinth flower, whose beauty is said to be reflected in the red Zircon as well.
The red zircon or hyacinth was believed to drive away evil spirits and nightmares, protect its wearer from enchantment and lightning.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Scientific Gemstone Properties”][vc_column_text]
Mohs Hardness of 7.5 with a tetragonal crystal structure
Although this stone comes in a variety of colors, Zircon is most famous for it’s colorless stone, which closely resemble Diamonds. Although colorless when pure, impurities will produce yellow, orange, blue, red, brown and green varieties.
Zircon may be distinguished from diamond by it’s double refraction and by wear on it’s facet edges.
Natural Zircon today suffers for the similarity of its name to Cubic Zirconia, the laboratory-grown diamond imitation. Some don’t realize that there is actually a beautiful natural gemstone called Zircon.
Today the most popular color is Blue, which is considered an one birthstone for December, is a pastel blue, but some exceptional gems have a bright blue color. Zircon also presents in green, dark red, yellow, brown, and orange.
Mined in Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar, Australia, and other countries.
Zircon is one of the heaviest gemstones, which means that it will look smaller than other varieties of the same weight. Zircon jewelry should be stored carefully, because although it is relatively hard, it can abrade and facets can chip. Often dealers will wrap zircons in individual twists of paper so that they will not knock against one another in parcel.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Metaphysical Gemstone Properties”][vc_column_text]
A stone of quiet vibrations, zircon enables one to be at peace with oneself. A stone of great purity, it can create unity with the Higher Self and spirit guides.
- Brown zircon heals headaches and is grounding.
- Colorless clears the aura
- Colorless and yellow will clear the entire aura, bring sleep and give wisdom in stressful times, may also attract love.
- Red heals injuries, soothes pains and is especially helpful with ear infections.
- Green helps one open up to make new friends and draws wealth
- Light blue balances, uplifts, stabilizes the mind and emotions
- Pink will assist in astral travel at night during sleep
- Violet is a money magnet
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Healing Gemstone Properties”][vc_column_text]
Zircon symbolizes healing, and has a wide range of healing applications.
It has an anti-spasmodic effect on the liver and gallbladder, it has a calming effect on asthma and allergies, and has a beneficial effect on lunch, bronchial, cold and general respiratory problems. It helps it’s wearer to overcome loses, heals mental disturbances and promotes common sense.
Zircon should be placed in dry sea salt once a month where it may discharge and recharge at the same time.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Magical Gemstone Properties”][vc_column_text]
Powers: Protection, Beauty & Peace
Candle Color: Silver
Zircon is somewhat of a confusing stone. It is found in many colors but some of them have been artificially produced, they are also known by various names..all of the possess magical qualities.
- Colorless (clear or white) – a magical substitution for diamond, it is worn for protection. Use it for clear thinking and to promote the mental processes.
- Yellow – wear this to increase sexual energy or to attract love. Carry to drive away depression, to increase alertness and for business success.
- Orange – wear to increase beauty and to still fears and jealousy, carried during travel it guards against injury. Worn or place in the home, it safeguards against theft; so keep an orange zircon with valuable. Set in gold, it is doubly powerful.
- Red – this stone will increase riches if worn or used in such rituals. It will also guard against injuries. A protective stone, it vitalizes the body, lends energy in times of physical stress and heals. Worn, it will draw pain from the body.
- Brown – used for grounding and centering, it is also employed in wealth and money spells.
- Violet is specifically used in any and all money spells
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Zodiac Gemstone Properties”][vc_column_text]
Zodiac Stone of: Sagittarius & Virgo
Associations: Jupiter & Sun
Birthstone: Modern & Traditional Birthstone for the month of December, Ancient Birthstone for the months of August and December.
To dream of a deep orange or red zircon signifies success after a stormy period. Dreams of green zircon symbolize incoming of money, while colorless and light blue is meant for spiritual growth.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Chakra Gemstone Properties”][vc_column_text]Zircon works well on the 1st, Root/Base Chakra as well as the 2nd, Sacral Chakra to help ground oneself and open to the next level.[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][/vc_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″]
The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall, 2003
Love Is In The Earth by Melody, 1997
Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith, PhD, 2000
Crystal Enchantments by D.J. Conway, 1999
Smithsonian Handbooks Gemstones by Cally Hall, 1994
Crystal, Gem and Metal Magic by Scott Cunningham, 2002
Chakra Healing & Karmic Awareness by Keith Sherwood, 2005
Jewelry & Gems for Self-Discovery by Shakti Carola Navran, 2008
The Illustrated Directory of Crystal Healing by Cassandra Eason, 2003
Gemstone Energy Medicine Healing Body, Mind and Spirit by Michael Katz, 2005
Healing Crystals and Gemstones by Dr. Flora Peschek-Bohmer, Gisela Schrieber, 2002
Personal Experience and Personal Accounts of Others In the Metaphysical Field of Work
The information here is presented to you to use as you see fit, but is not to take the place of professional medical advice. Crystals, Gemstones and Metal can accent, help, negate, protect, encourage, strengthen, and balance and thereby promote healing. Their effects can be extraordinary, but use in addition to medical advice, and not as a substitute for proper care. If you are ill, we beseech you to seek professional medical attention from a qualified physician.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]